Friday 18 November 2011

Oh what big eyebrows you have!

Long gone are the days I reduced  my eyebrows to nothing more than a mere thread line above my eyes; looking back at pictures from my high school days makes me wonder how in the world did I ever think that looked good?! I have quite a round face so thin eyebrows should have been a definate no-no for me. The art of sculpturing eyebrows to match and compliment a face is easy once you take into account the shape of a face, especially the cheeks; for example a longer face would look much better with a set of thinner eyebrows and a childlike or fuller face would in turn look better with a set of thicker ones.

My eyebrows have never been as thick or full as Audrey Hepburn but due to the constant tweezing and threading to a anorexic brow, I'm pretty sure I can see some balding - shock horror I know! I decided I wanted mine to be thicker, more face defining so once I realised even at full growth my brows don't really grow to much, I turned to filling them in. Now I attempted to make a start with a pencil but the result for me seems way too harsh and unnatural; instead I've been using this eyebrow kit from e.l.f. it comes with a gel to fill in with and a setting powder, there's a double sided brush included which isn't too bad either but I prefer using one of my own to apply the gel with.


Left to Right: In the darkest shade; Gel - Powder - Together
I have to say this kit is my saviour, and at £3.50 it's a lot more affordable than most other brands out there without skimping on the quality.

Love & Bisous xx

2 comments:

  1. i was looking at old pictures of me and oh my goodness! My eyebrows were so thin and horrible!! I actually have this ELF one, too and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete