Thursday 15 September 2011

Bare Nekked Lips

My lipstick collection is forever growing but right now I'm really into the 'barely there' nude lips. I ordered natural nymph from E.LF, now on the website it looks gorgeous but in reality it gave me that hideous concealer-lips look, yes that is a definite no-no my friends. But at £3.50 I'm not too fussed because it still works well as a muter i.e tones down brighter/darker colours. 



From right to left; E.L.F - natural nymph; MAC - Impassioned; both together.

The perfect nude shade is not as easy to find as it may seem, it depends entirely on the shade of your skin. Sister number 4 wore a true nude lip from nars. Pure matte lipstick in tashkent, which is described as a nude beige.. So super excited i borrowed it the next day but it just made me look washed out, i was sad but me and her have totally different skin tones so it was no wonder it looked the total opposite on me (sad face). 


Sonnet from illamasquas range is a real beauty, its perfect and a little goes a long way. The formula is almost creamy on application and lasts a solid 4 hours before a touch up is needed, for me that's damn good because lipsticks don't like to stay on my lips for too long.



I normally apply Nars lip lacquer in' chelsea girl' over it, but it's quite pricey at £17 for such a tiny little thing. I found a similar thing from E.L.Fs studio line; it's not as pigmented or as thick as Nars but is more of a sheer slick of a nude shade and at £3 it's a bargain and definitely worth having. 



Kiss, Kiss & Bizous xx

No comments:

Post a Comment